[ptx] hugin and enblend?

Rik Littlefield rj.littlefield at computer.org
Tue Aug 31 16:57:49 BST 2004

Chris Cothrun wrote:

>There seems to be active and growing development around the most
>useful aspects of Panotools. The pano12 library has seen some
>significant developments lately, including a much faster optimizer and
>an approximation technique for PTStitcher that puts it slightly faster
>than Nona with only a small sacrifice in accuracy (.25 pixel at most,
>usually much less). I believe the development is centered around the
>sourceforge site (http://panotools.sourceforge.net/) but I'm not sure
>all of these changes are checked into CVS there, this is one of the
>useful things that shows up on the Yahoo PanoTools list.

Yes, the optimizer is in sourceforge cvs.  No, fast stitching is not yet
in that cvs.  But, a beta is available that incorporates both these and
several other improvements.  See
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoTools/message/10362 .  (Unfortunately,
it looks like you have to wait until tomorrow to get the .dll from the
link posted there.  As of this morning the site says it is down due to
some monthly bandwidth issue.)

--Rik