[ptx] hugin and enblend?

Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) jean-luc.coulon at wanadoo.fr
Sun Aug 29 09:46:25 BST 2004

Le 29.08.2004 02:57:11, Rob Park a écrit :
> Hello everybody, I am new to this list, and fairly new to panorama
> stitching in general.

[ destructive compression ]

> Anyway, I've been using hugin with mixed results. It seems that hugin
> is very good at lining up the images, correcting for lens distortion,
> etc, but I very often get really ugly stitch lines. I know that I can
> correct the stitch lines myself in the Gimp, as I am accustomed to
> using the Pandora tool (which is essentially hand-hacking the
> panorama together yourself, manually), but I have a painful time
> importing hugin panoramas into the gimp, as tif2xcf doesn't work with
> gimp 2.0 (maybe I'm doing something wrong?).
>
> Then I found out about enblend, and tried it, but I just don't see
> any difference between what enblend produces and what hugin produces
> as output. They are almost identical! Am I missing something here?
> Are there any good tutorials on how to properly use these tools?

What is you workflow ?

I use autopano to creates the contrl points
Hugin for optimisation and stitching.
If you plan to use enblend (recommended) you must save your picture as
multi-tiff
Then feed these multi-tiff pictures in enblend and you are done.

from 11 pictures, field of view about 220 degrees:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jean-luc.coulon/pictures/seythenex.jpg

from 6 pictures, field of view about 270 degrees:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jean-luc.coulon/pictures/aravis.jpg

from 3 pictures, field of view about 170 degrees
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jean-luc.coulon/pictures/metabief.jpeg