[ptx] AutoPano v1.02 Release

Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) jean-luc.coulon at wanadoo.fr
Wed Aug 25 19:09:44 BST 2004

Le 25.08.2004 18:08:46, Emmanuel Favre-Nicolin a écrit :
 « Le Wednesday 25 August 2004 17:50, Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) a écrit :
 « > And when will the linux version of autopano 1.03 will be available
 « ?
 « > I am back from some holidays and I've done some shots suitable for
 « a
 « > panorama.
 «
 « I'd like to use that one too!
 «
 « > Here is one assembled from 11 pictures. The horizontal field of
 « view is
 « > about 220 degrees. The lens was a 28mm on a Canon EOS 300D, in
 « portrait
 « > orientation (to have only one line to process...). The camera was
 « on a
 « > tripod.
 « >
 « > http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jean-luc.coulon/pictures/seythenex.jpg
 «
 « nice one (but jpg which high compression!)

Yep : the original is 1.4 Gbytes  ;-)

 «
 « > And this other one : 18mm, portrait, without tripo. It was a
 « sunray in
 « > a cloudy day. 5 pictures.
 « >
 « > http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jean-luc.coulon/pictures/aravis.jpg
 «
 « Nice but clouds on the right side looks flat (white) as if there
 « wasn't  a
 « constant exposure, maybe PTstitcher tried to corrected exposure but
 « there was
 « too much ?

In fact the one in the middle was really overexposed : there was a sun
drop just at the moment I toook this one (manual setting) and I didnt
checked the histogram. So there was too much correction to have a
seamless picture. I will try to pre-process the pictures before.

 «
 « > I have a K6-2 500 with 384Mb SDRAM so the 1st one needed about 6
 « hours
 « > for the complete workflow : autopano -> hugin -> PTStitcher  ->
 « > enblend.
 «
 « now with a constant exposure you could use nona stitcher which is
 « much
 « faster(?)
 «

Each picture is 6Mpix (about 2 to 3Mbytes jpeg) and I didnt manage to
have it to build a multi-tiff picture.

Jean-Luc