[ptx] Nona vs. PTStitcher accuracy

John Bäckstrand sandos at home.se
Thu Aug 19 23:09:45 BST 2004

Pablo d'Angelo wrote:

>On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, John Bäckstrand wrote:
>

>>Am I right in believing that PTStitcher has got much better accuracy
>>than nona? I get pretty serious "jaggies" between images with nona, and
>>a much better result (almots perfect) with PTStitcher, on the same
>>panorama. Is this rounding-errors or something else?
>>

>Hmm, nona uses a different algorithm to create the seams. Haven't
>implemented soft seams, I just use multiple tiff and run enblend.
>Hard seams are usually easily visible.. have to readd soft seams to nona
>some time.

Im sorry, upon further investigation it seems the images are pretty much
perfectly in synch between nona and PTStitcher, but nona chooses to put
a seam much lower where it happens to be more visible. Ive got a crop of
it happening:

http://sandos.ath.cx/nonaseam.jpg
http://sandos.ath.cx/ptsseam.jpg

---