[ptx] Nona vs. PTStitcher accuracy

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Thu Aug 19 22:16:04 BST 2004

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, John Bäckstrand wrote:

> Am I right in believing that PTStitcher has got much better accuracy
> than nona? I get pretty serious "jaggies" between images with nona, and
> a much better result (almots perfect) with PTStitcher, on the same
> panorama. Is this rounding-errors or something else?

Hmm, nona uses a different algorithm to create the seams. Haven't
implemented soft seams, I just use multiple tiff and run enblend.
Hard seams are usually easily visible.. have to readd soft seams to nona
some time.

How have you tested them? by using enblend on the tiff output, as you
suggest below?

If the quality of the remapped images (like the TIFF_m output) of PTStitcher
is better, please let me know, and post a testset, where I can see the
difference.