[ptx] Compiling Hugin for Mac/OS X?

Daniel Griscom griscom at suitable.com
Sun Nov 30 01:50:42 GMT 2003

I spent some time looking into compiling Hugin for use on Mac OS X
(I'm using 10.3.1 at the moment). My first barrier (and the only one
visible so far) is the version of make; the INSTALL document
specifies the (year old) version 3.80, but OS X only comes with a
(slightly customized) version 3.79.

I can find the source to gnu make 3.80, but I've also found documents
that state that OS X make requires some modifications to work.
Getting my make to work is off-topic, but I will ask: would there be
significant problems in building with make version 3.79? And, is
anyone else working on Hugin for OS X?

Thanks,
Dan

--
Daniel T. Griscom           Work:  (781) 665-0053
Suitable Systems            Fax:   (781) 665-7106
152 Cochrane Street         griscom at suitable.com
Melrose, MA 02176-1433      http://www.suitable.com/