[ptx] cvs optimizer not stable?

Ed Halley ed at halley.cc
Sun Nov 30 01:45:38 GMT 2003

Yes, this is a partial pano (three handhelds) but no, it wasn't jumping
to zero or near-zero.  Each pass would shrink the overall stitch by 40%
(roughly), and push the images lower in pitch.  The fit was still
visually good.  True for Rectilinear or Equirectangular optimizations.

If I switched to just optimize Y,P,R,B it would remain stable:  each
pass would return the same results and the images wouldn't "move" in
pano space.

--
[ e d @ h a l l e y . c c ]