[ptx] checkerboard behind preview?

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Wed Nov 19 06:15:25 GMT 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Ed Halley wrote:

> I was just about to see if I could tackle the background of the
> preview.  In keeping with many other image editing programs, I was
> thinking of a gray/gray checkerboard, instead of the current flat black.
>
> I could make a boring 8x8 pixel checkerboard, but thought it would be
> nice if I could figure out the appropriate coordinates to make each
> check represent a given angle, say, 5 degrees FOV.  This could help the
> user judge what numbers to stuff into the yaw/pitch boxes, as well.

good idea!

you can render a background layer, based on PTools::Transform.
Create an Inverse transfrom from erect -> [pano output projection].
specify the right size for the pano projection (so that one pixel is in
5°deg steps on the erect) and calculate the output pixels.
Probably you have to adjust either the input or the output coordinated,
depending if you use Transform::transformImgCoord or Transform::transform