Automatically prefix the postings?

HaJo Schatz hajo at hajo.net
Fri Nov 14 10:32:22 GMT 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 02:34, Bruno Postle wrote:
> On Thu 13-Nov-2003 at 07:32:09PM +0100, thp wrote:
> >
> > One question: Would it be possible to change the subject of the posting
> > with a trailing [ptx] or [hugin] prefix. Another mailing list that I am
> > reading handles mails this way. It's a whole lot easier then to handle
> > the postings in the email client.
>
> That's an option, I'm not bothered either way.
>
> If nobody objects, I'll change it to say [hugin].

The header of these list mails contain a "List-Id: ..." which makes an
excellent filter criteria. The problem with the subject tagging is that if
someone replies to you personally you will also filter it into the List folder;
and might not see it for quite a while if it's a list like PanoTools ;)

I think doing it the way the PTX-List does it today is the proper way -- but I
know that this is only useful for someone who can access .procmail et al,
Outlook appears not to be able to filter based on headers.

HaJo