My comments, questions and enhancements

Thomas Pöhler poehler at web.de
Tue Nov 11 10:38:12 GMT 2003

>>>In the meantime, I would suggest that Hugin realize that there are
>>>disastrous results from optimization sometimes, and not even offer the
>>>user a chance to "Apply" those changes to the current project.
>>>
>> Sounds good to me.

>In the latest snapshot, together with support for entering focal length for
>portrait photos.
That was quick - thanks a lot. BUT:

It does work now, but while I was testing I had several crashes when I tried to clear the workspace or remove an image manually. The system is Windows XP.

Another question: Can I customize the factor for focal length calculation? The calculated focal length is not correct for my camera. For a landscape image a focal length of 38,601 mm is calculated. The correct focal length would be 34 mm.
This is especially true for a portrait image. The calculated focal length is 25,734 mm. This results in a fov of 50 degrees. It should be 34 mm as well, resulting in a fov of 38,88 degrees.

BR
--Thomas