hugin update

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Mon Nov 10 17:06:49 GMT 2003

Hallo Kai-Uwe!

Kai-Uwe Behrmann schrieb am Montag, den 10. November 2003:

> Am 09.11.03, 12:21 +0100 schrieb Pablo d'Angelo:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just made some small updates.
> >
> > fixed crash when changing hfov/vfov.
> > The preview panel can show the outlines of the panorama images.
>
> Looks fine. What do You think about the acuracy of the algo for outlining.
> Can You say exactly for one pixel wich size and position one image will
> have?

I'm using exactly the same transformation routines as panotools. I've
written my own remapping function with that information, since the pano
tools version was a bit to slow. (the preview also uses bilinear
interpolation now, before it just did nearest neighbour, for speed).

I'm just not sure why it doesn't work for the images near the poles get
cropped before they reach pitch=90.

Hmm, I haven't implemented a method to get the size of a remapped image
pixel, just for the center of the pixel. so the region of interest (ROI)
for the remapping might be a few pixels to small at the poles. hmm.

> This, I would like to render individual images as small as possible and
> merge them later to on multilayerd output file with all offsets as
> appropriate.

Jep, thats possible and how the preview window works. (actually it still
uses full screen images, but only remap the ROI.) putting this
into PTStitcher is probably impossible, so it would require a completely new
stitcher.

> We talked about this some time earlier together with other
> speed-ups. Such multilayerd tiffs of course as an option.

That would be a nice thing to have. But it should also be possible to do
this just with the multiple tiff output of pano tools:

for(all pics) {
   calculate ROI that contains all non black pixels
   add cropped layer to output tiff
}
save output tiff.

Then gimp/cinepaint needs to be able to read these multilayer tiff. since
I'm not familar with the tiff libraries, I haven't started writing it
myself.

speaking of gimp. Is there a plugin that can calculate curves,
based on two similar regions, like its done by PTStitcher?