superficial xrc changes...

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Wed Nov 5 16:01:01 GMT 2003

Am 05.11.03, 08:13 -0500 schrieb Ed Halley:

> * I would rather make the dialog more clear by looking at it, than
> depend on hidden hints.  Users don't paint the screen with mouse
> movements, searching for hints to understand what information belongs
> where.  Very few applications put any hints anywhere.  Putting a tooltip
> on *every* control just frustrates the user to realize that they have to
> play a hunting game to learn the interface.  I recommend we use tooltip
> hints sparingly, not on every control.

Ok. As long there is an alternative with Pablos docu/help side it is right
to migrate away from tooltips.

> very preliminary.  Even before I got involved, the interface kept
> changing every few builds, and it's not going to stop soon.

And I tried to follow in some distance ;)  Sometimes I need a native
written hint to realize what is going on.

> When it starts settling down, then we can ask translators to lend a hand
> without wasting their efforts by changing features they've already
> translated.  (I do realize I'm dealing with a German development team.
> :) )

Ok then the lost tooltips should go to the help files. Dont know when I
can do it.

Kai-Uwe