GUI development / image processing library

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Sun Jun 1 14:23:39 BST 2003

Hi!

I'm currently putting some functionality into the control points tab,
like the selection of control points.

This will show how the gui can work together with the model (in a
complicated case ;)

I'm also adding my template matching code. One thing I'm missing (also
with QT) is advanced image processing operations. wxwindows doesn't even
have a greyscale image type.

I've started to use VIGRA
http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~koethe/vigra/
for some functionality. It is basically a STL for images.
It comes with many useful operations (I might need some of them
in the future), and can easily work on top of existing image classes.

It is released under an Artistic like license. Basically I only need the
image processing stuff right now, which is just a bunch of headers (because
its all template based). Importing and exporting images (for debugging ;)
requires a lib, but I can use the wxwindows functions for it instead. It can
therefore be included into our source without requiring the user to
install vigra on the system.

I hope its ok to include the lib. Is the Borland c++ compiler
is reasonably up to date and supports the current c++ template features?