hugin previews

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Tue Jul 29 19:34:10 BST 2003

Am 30.07.03, 00:08 +0800 schrieb Yili Zhao:

> You are welcome, Kai-Uwe.
thanks.

> I have not Linux installed on my PC now. If I want to install it, maybe I should use "FDISK" to repartition my hard disk. This means data lose. So I am interested in hugin worked on Windows platform.

We started once to rewrite hugin with the wxWindows toolkit to let
everybody compile hugin natively. So we hope hugin will compile and
install as well on windows (even if not tested and finished). No need to
install linux at all for mac and win users.

> I used PT Open GUI previously, and find that when it stitches images, the speed is slower than the speed of PTGUI(You may try it with youself). I think maybe PT Open GUI calls some functions in pano12.DLL, not the PTStitcher, but PTGUI call PTStitcher.
> A problem: Can hugin call PTStitcher in Linux? I remember that PTStitcher has not sourcecode.

Hugin goes the easy way (at the moment). It calls PTOptimizer and
PTStitcher every time it needs some of the libpano funtionality. For linux
exists precompiled binaries of all panotools, and libpano itself can be
compiled from source.

> Yili Zhao

Kai-Uwe