C++ question for hugin

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Tue Jul 22 15:41:12 BST 2003

Hallo Kai-Uwe!

Kai-Uwe Behrmann schrieb am Dienstag, den 22. Juli 2003:

> Hi,
> here are some programmers, so I would like to ask something.
>
> Two classes exist:  class foo with members  int a,b,c    and
>                     class bar with members  double a,b,c    .
>
> The function  func()  knows this two objects.
> Now I want to do something like (The char is of Your choice.) :
>
> void class_name::func  ( char type )
> {
>   int    intern_int;
>   double intern_float;
>
>   intern_int   = foo.type;
>   intern_float = bar.type;
> }

Ok, what you called "type" is the name of a member of the foo and bar
structs,
right?

if foo and bar only contains a members of a single type, then you can
use a
associative array for that. (std::map and std:multimap are
implementations of associative array's in the c++ standart library.)

Where do you need that functionality?

> thanks, as well for explaining it is outside C++ or another language
> can do

Thats not possible with C or C++, they are to static for this.

Hmm, I think there is a way to archive part of what you want with
templates. But maybe its easier to find another solution.