C++ question for hugin

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Tue Jul 22 15:08:40 BST 2003

Hi,
here are some programmers, so I would like to ask something.

Two classes exist:  class foo with members  int a,b,c    and
                    class bar with members  double a,b,c    .

The function  func()  knows this two objects.
Now I want to do something like (The char is of Your choice.) :

void class_name::func  ( char type )
{
  int    intern_int;
  double intern_float;

  intern_int   = foo.type;
  intern_float = bar.type;
}

The compiler does not know at runtime wich type and name the variable has.
This is somewhat dynamic. I know only this (complicated) solution:

  if ( type == "a" ) {
    intern_int = foo.a;
    intern_float = bar.a;
  }

  if ( type == "b" ) {
    intern_int = foo.a;
    intern_float = bar.a;
  }

thanks, as well for explaining it is outside C++ or another language can do

Kai-Uwe