hugin comments

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Thu Jul 17 12:27:08 BST 2003

I've been doing a regular cvs up & make with hugin and just want to
say that it is definitely shaping up to be a great tool.

The control point selector is very good, with zoom set to "fit to
window" and with "auto fine tune" set, it is going to very simple
to get a lot of control points done.

Now that I've discovered I can run `./configure --prefix=/usr`, I'll
try and put together a RPM package at some point.

Some random stuff I've noticed:

I think there is a file missing from CVS, as I get this error when I
launch hugin:

    10:57:25: Cannot load resources from file 'xrc/preview_frame.xrc'.

I discovered that I can set the fov for the lenses only if I set a
lens parameter first (otherwise it crashes).

Stitching seems to work and the result pops up in the panoviewer
(though the actual jpg produced is blank, I'll have to look into
why that is).

The Optimizer tab is empty, I guess it hasn't been done yet?

--
Bruno