ocaml / gtk and so

Juha Helminen juhe at nic.fi
Thu Jan 23 14:42:40 GMT 2003

>> -An port for gtk to windows is allready possible (cygwin).

I've trying to find what kind of other systems there are and I found
wxWindows (again). License is under LGPL (there are commercial programs
that uses wxWindows). Linux version of wxWindows uses gtk. Is it better
to use gtk directly than with wxWindows? Maybe ocaml modules must be
used through gtk but what else?

There seems to be some GUI designers for wxWindows (all are not
OS-specific tools or commercial) but I haven't tested them. Are there
designers for gtk?

I have started to download cygwin. It seems to take time as the nearest
mirror is not fast. Now I know why there is MinGW in use -- it is much
smaller and less features.

Juha