PanoPanel <-> OptimizeFrame

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Sun Aug 24 22:16:54 BST 2003

Am 23.08.03, 13:57 +0200 schrieb Pablo d'Angelo:

> Hi!
>
> Currently we have two places where the optimizer can be called,
> PanoPanel and OptimizerFrame.
>
> Kai-Uwe seems to prefer to include the optimize step into the PanoPanel,
> while I think it will become overloaded, and should be a separate
> optimize window.

As long as we need further the whole set I would agree. Otherwise with an
minimum of an preset automatic optimize we hold this manual setting only
spread around for advanced users. They should know what to do manually
and can do all settings by the way through the tabs.

> What do the other users think about it?
>
> I just looked a bit into PanoPanel and it seems that the "detach"
> feature is hardwired into PanoPanel, leading to much code that is
> concerned with keeping them in sync.

Yes :-(
I would like wxWindows did this. At the moment it is very complicated.
Otherwise this feature is the most usefull by myself. I have PanoPanel
allway on bottom of the hugin mainframe. To make toolbars from it, would
take too much area.

> Maybe there should be a detachable panel (as a separate class), that
> can be teared of an notebook. the sync could probably go through the
> model (at least partly).

This was something I had in mind but would mean we have some parasites
like gui variables to the panorama object or create a new observers like
system. Can the panorama object observe  an gui object (preview) as well?
I think it should work like the options vector, which is part of the
panorama object.

> I would also like to base all output image sizes on the hvof/vvof of the
> panorama, so that I don not have to try many times to get the right
> ratio for the panorama.

Do You mean cutting off the height?

> so the user can select the hfov/vfov of the panorama, or let it
> calculate from current panorama. This means that we would have
> (h/v)fov settings and a width setting, while the height is computed
> from them. I'll add methods to get the h/vfov to Panorama.
>
> ciao
>   Pablo

Kai-Uwe