My first hugin trial

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Fri Aug 1 17:19:27 BST 2003

Hajo,
fine to hear from You.

Am 01.08.03, 19:16 +0800 schrieb HaJo Schatz:

> look at. I didn't put them into the bugtracker as I'm not sure how many

I think, it is better to fill in then we forget it.

> - After finally figuring out what xrc is and how to install it,
> compilation was relatively smooth. One issue though: I compile with
> several parallel processes (make -j5). One process died due to an error,
> but it didn't bring the other processes down, I.e. the end of the
> compilation didn't alert me with an error.

Yes xrc need some special efforts. We hope it goes in the standard compile
of wxWindows once.

> - In the Images tab, it's a bit annoying that the preview changes with
> 'MouseOver'. While this appears neat at first, it's difficult to select
> a pic, move the mouse to the preview window (without hitting another
> pic) and changing the parameters. Maybe once the mouse is out of the
> file listing, the preview should switch back to the selected pic? Or,
> the traditional way, the preview only changes once the list entry is
> clicked on.

You have multi selection in this tab as in the second. Now what to do?
Changing back to one selected pic is not more meaningfull as let the last
mouse-over pic staying. The only thing I can imagine is to switch to the
preview after leaving the list. (Better would be larger icons. If someone
else says so, we should change.)

> - When changing parameters such as yaw, the user has to hit <ENTER> to
> get the changes over to the file list. I'd expect <TAB> to do the same.

This is maybe an wxWindows/xrc <-> gtk problem. I switched both on.

> I believe an "OnCursorExit" (or whatever the event is called) should
> commit the changes, an <ESC> in the field should put the original value
> back into the field.

I have an other feeling of that. An hugin user is allowed to make a mouse
move without going in the process. She/he should express his will to go
further (IMO).

> - Having optimized lens parameters, clicking on a file in "Lens
> settings" doesn't bring the parameters over to the input-area.

Please retry with the next cvs checkout. I will bring it in, this evening.

> - I guess a progress bar or "current output" view of the PTools backends
> is on the todo-list anyhow. As soon as someone starts hugin from a panel
> rather than the shell, he might get confused with what's about to happen
> once he clicks "Stitch images" ;)

Good feature - please, filling in?

> I haven't tried too much, as especially the control-point crashes are
> happening a bit too often for me to really go through it very
> thoroughly. For me, implementation of "Save/Load project" would be very
> beneficial to "jump over these crashes" and not start from scratch.

Sometimes I think we can do the hard way and improve hugin till saveing is
not needed at all *g*. You may laugh as well ;-)

> But again, I am really really looking forward to a stable hugin -- this
> is going to be an excellent piece of S/W!

Thanks.

> HaJo

Kai-Uwe