ptopengui

Juha Helminen juhe@nic.fi
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 14:02:17 +0200

Bruno Postle wrote:

>I've just had a chance to play with ptopengui on Windows and I'm
>quite impressed.  I quickly stitched 4 photos together:
>
>    http://bugbear.blackfish.org.uk/~bruno/photos/karnak/522-525.jpg
>
>The control point repositioning is great (though it took me a while
>to figure-out how it works).  I really like the interpolated zoom
>window and the sub-pixel positioning - I managed to get a maximum
>control-point distance of 0.55 with 20 optimised points.

This 0.55 as max distance sounds really good -- these cannot be hand
held photoes.
Did you test search function? and does it make real fine tune for
control points.

>I haven't really figured-out kylix, the IDE is obviously
>closed-source but free to download.  Derived applications obviously
>need to use Borland libraries, are these closed-source too?

Borland has professional version also from Kylix and it is not open
source. So libraries that are included to program are not open source.
Professional and Open uses the same (or nearly same) IDE, I think.

Juha