ptopengui

HaJo Schatz hajo@hajo.net
18 Nov 2002 14:06:19 +0800

Juha,

On Mon, 2002-11-18 at 03:45, Bruno Postle wrote:
    >> When I start testing this in Linux I should start from installing
    >> of Mandrake 8.2 or are there better distributions for development?

    >Kylix for linux is rpm based with no source (and 91 megabytes), so
    >you probably want something like redhat, mandrake or suse linux.
    >Mandrake and Suse generally have more up-to-date QT stuff, I think
    >kylix uses QT for the gui widgets.

I am running RedHat 8.0 over here. I'm seriously interested in a Linux
version of PTOpenGui -- even though I might not be able to help much
with porting due to my _very_ limited OO knowledge. But you might want
to consider installing something else than RedHat so that we can test
compatibility on as many distis as possible. If I remember correctly,
Bruno is using Suse. That would theoretically leave you with Mandrake ;)

Later,
HaJo

P.S.: I agree with Bruno. I also gave it a quick try and I am as
impressed. One thing which I stumbled across though is the requirement
to click "add" after selecting a pair of control points. More than once
I forgot to do that and ended up not having the control points defined.
But this might be OK once being used to it, though.