ptopengui

Bruno Postle bruno@postle.net
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 19:45:48 +0000

On Fri 15-Nov-2002 at 11:56:53 +0200, Juha Helminen wrote:

> I  uploaded last changes of gui made with BCB to sourceforge. I've
> corrected most of known bugs (not problems with image readings and
> slice optimizations have something that needs looking). Basic
> functions seem to work well -- outlook/layout could be better.

I've just had a chance to play with ptopengui on Windows and I'm
quite impressed.  I quickly stitched 4 photos together:

    http://bugbear.blackfish.org.uk/~bruno/photos/karnak/522-525.jpg

The control point repositioning is great (though it took me a while
to figure-out how it works).  I really like the interpolated zoom
window and the sub-pixel positioning - I managed to get a maximum
control-point distance of 0.55 with 20 optimised points.

> When I start testing this in Linux I should start from installing
> of Mandrake 8.2 or are there better distributions for development?

Kylix for linux is rpm based with no source (and 91 megabytes), so
you probably want something like redhat, mandrake or suse linux.
Mandrake and Suse generally have more up-to-date QT stuff, I think
kylix uses QT for the gui widgets.

I haven't really figured-out kylix, the IDE is obviously
closed-source but free to download.  Derived applications obviously
need to use Borland libraries, are these closed-source too?

--
Bruno