panoramas.

Martin 'pisi' Paljak pisi@pisitek.com
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 20:53:32 +0300 (EEST)

Hello!

Well, I'm still busy until tomorrow, but some thoughts.
First, to mimic Jason: I'm an Estonian, working as an
analyst/programmer. I have about 6 years exp with unices
(starting with minix) from system and user and design sides.

So, to the point.

my view of a panorama info file is something like this (PLEASE, as I'm not
at all a pro panorama master, do correct me if I'm wrong conceptually.
Right
now all I do is 1) make images with a circular fisheye, 2) select
controlpoints, 3) press optimize and then stitch (with ptgui).. this means
I'm not too elegant at this stuff :) )
For example, afaik PT allows you to have all images made with different
lens [or am I wrong?] but ptgui allows me to specify only once the lens
settings and all images will have the same  lens type...

Panorama
	Source pictures (1 to many)
		file name
		size
		crop parameters
		lens info
	Panorama settings (1)
		size
		type
		stitching algorithm (poly3 etc)
		other options that ptstitcher/helper apps can parse
		other options that affect the panorama as a whole
	Controlpoints (1 to many)
		image1
			coordinates
		image2 (is it possible to have one point on 3 images?)
			coordinates
		CP type

And again, I'll start working on a CP selection app within this week I
hope. Who knows panorama internals, please help to define a nice structure
for the panorama info file. who knows xml good can help out by creating
the dtd as we evolve with the data structure ? [I can volunteer]

good evening,