[OccupySheffield] Fw: Talk "Fixing our broken economy" July 5th

jean wildgoose jeanwildgoose at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 26 13:24:42 GMT 2012

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Peter Verity <pv269 at hotmail.co.uk>
To: jean wildgoose <jeanwildgoose at yahoo.co.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, 26 June 2012, 13:32
Subject: Talk "Fixing our broken economy" July 5th

Hi Jean

These are the details for the talk. Thanks for forwarding them
How many are you forwarding to, and do you have any feel for how many might turn up?

Peter

You are invited to a talk "Fixing our Broken Economy" on Thursday July 5th
7:30pm Quaker Meeting House (St James St - near the Cathedral)(map http://goo.gl/maps/ZVD6)

We have over 2.5 million unemployed, and we have empty factories, offices and shops – everything we need in fact to produce the goods and services society needs. Yet the economy seems to be unable to produce enough real wealth for lack of money.

Where does money come from? Who creates it? And what are the implications for our failing economy?

This talk looks at how our debt-based money system is the root cause of many of our economic problems, and explains the Positive Money proposals to reform and democratise our money supply. The talk is given by Peter Verity, a supporter of the Positive Money campaign in Sheffield.

The talk will be followed by a discussion, finishing at 9pm.
Meet from 7:15 (coffee/tea/biscuits available) for a 7:30 start
We ask for a voluntary donation of £3 to cover costs