[OccupySheffield] Notes from the start of the GA on 24th Jan 2012 and two proposals I didn't make at the meeting

Chris chrisc at indymedia.org.uk
Tue Jan 24 21:45:40 GMT 2012

Hi

Following are some notes from the start of tonights GA,
these have also been added to the wiki:

https://occupywiki.org.uk/wiki/Sheffield/20120124

I had to leave the meeting before I was able to finish the
notes or make a couple of proposals, would someone else be
able to propose these event proposals for the Citadel of
Hope at a future GA?

1. Workshop on consensus decision making and facialitation
   with Seeds for Change -- two people from Oxford Seeds
   for Change came to the meeting and offered their
   services, I think an 3 hour weekend afternoon slot
   might be best, more info: http://seedsforchange.org.uk/

2. A public screeing of Crisis Of Civilization followed by
   a discussion, one weekday evening -- this is a great
   film about the multiple crises we are facing, as I
   mentioned before [1]:

   - The Crisis of Civilization is a documentary feature
     film investigating how global crises like ecological
     disaster, financial meltdown, dwindling oil reserves,
     terrorism and food shortages are converging symptoms
     of a single, failed global system.

     http://crisisofcivilization.com/

   It's been shown at Occupy London and I saw it in Leeds
   [1] -- it's really good and if people think this is a
   good idea I'm happy to contact the people behind it --
   they support the occupations, see:

   - Occupy Planet Earth: Resisting the Militarisation of
     State Power
     By Nafeez Mosaddeq Ahmed
     http://sheffield.indymedia.org.uk/2011/12/489726.html

All the best

Chris

[1] https://www.email-lists.org/pipermail/occupysheffield/2011-December/000185.html

=Occupy Sheffield General Assembly 24th January 2012=

* Facilation: Joe
* Notes: Chris
* Attendance: 20

==General News==

Various matters were discussed including alcohol.

It was agreed to get some A4 and A0 copies of the safer
spaces policy for the Citadel of Hope.

==Meeting with the Cathedral==

Jean reported back from the meeting,
[https://occupywiki.org.uk/wiki/Sheffield/20120124_Cathedral
her notes are here].

The proposed 11am 25th January 2012 meeting with the
Cathedral to talk to the Dean about the big political
issues that Occupy are protesting about was discussed.