[OccupySheffield] Film Screening suggestion for the National Occupy Conference

Chris chrisc at indymedia.org.uk
Sat Dec 31 13:29:45 GMT 2011

Hi

I'd like to suggest we invite the team behind the The
Crisis Of Civilization to do a screening in Sheffield at
the national conference over the weekend 21/22 January:

- The Crisis of Civilization is a documentary feature film
  investigating how global crises like ecological
  disaster, financial meltdown, dwindling oil reserves,
  terrorism and food shortages are converging symptoms of
  a single, failed global system.

  http://crisisofcivilization.com/

It's been shown at Occupy London and I saw it in Leeds [1]
-- it's really good and if people think this is a good
idea I'm happy to contact the people behind it -- they
support the occupations, see:

- Occupy Planet Earth: Resisting the Militarisation of
  State Power
  By Nafeez Mosaddeq Ahmed
  http://sheffield.indymedia.org.uk/2011/12/489726.html

All the best

Chris

[1] Q and A following UK Premiere of The Crisis Of
    Civilization
    http://sheffield.indymedia.org.uk/2011/11/488125.html