[OccupySheffield] This weekend conference updates

Chris chrisc at indymedia.org.uk
Tue Jan 24 00:06:46 GMT 2012

Hi

On Mon 23-Jan-2012 at 02:29:11PM -0000,
barriers2bridges at virginmedia.com wrote:

> I think we should be patting ourselves on the back for
> hoasting a well put together conference this weekend, in
> light of so much pressure re the camp at cathedral etc.

Indeed, so many people worked so hard and the result was
amazing :-)

> Has anyone put together a summary of events as I of
> course wasn't able to make everything and Sunday's
> schedule seem to grow out of Saturday's overspill.

I have a lot of audio and photos to sort and have made a
start bu adding some photos to flickr, the group pool,
that others can add to is here:

- https://secure.flickr.com/groups/occupysheffield/

And all the ones uploaded are here:

- https://secure.flickr.com/photos/occupysheffield/

There is the audio from the talk on coops here:

- Cooperatives, Credit Unions and Experience of a Social
  Care Coop
  http://sheffield.indymedia.org.uk/2012/01/491482.html

Over this week I'll also add things to the Occupy
Sheffield site.

> Also, someone was videoing the rally, has it been
> uploaded yet?

Graham from the Green Party will be uploading some I
expect, so far I have seeni these:

- Tony Guest's poetry at #Occupy benefit gig
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Me44aH_vkA

- Julia O'Dwyer Speaks at Occupy Sheffield Jan 2012
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJEfbLPrCLM

I'm sure more will be uploaded.

There is the audio from the rally here:

- Occupy Sheffield's Rally for the 99%
  http://sheffield.indymedia.org.uk/2012/01/491376.html

And I'll split this into seperate files for each speaker
and add it to the Occupy Sheffield site.

> As we plan and discuss our next moves, I 'really hope'
> we don't get beaten back by in-bickering, lowered
> energies or the external forces that pose constant
> challenges/obstructions to the movement.

Indeed...

> There were a lot of visionary plans/ideas for the
> immediate future of occupy, but the journey will be
> tough and an uphill slog; but we're tough, determined
> and resourceful...!!

:-)

All the best

Chris