[OccupySheffield] Fwd: NEW Sheffield Unite community branch

gareth lane gareth50lane at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 10 19:22:34 GMT 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: gareth lane <gareth50lane at googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 7:19 PM
Subject: NEW Sheffield Unite community branch

Hello

People can achieve so much more when they work together

Unite’s mission is  for a society that places equality, dignity and respect
above all else. But our union recognises that we can only achieve this if
we bring people together from all walks of life.

In that spirit Unite will be holding a open  meeting at 7.30pm on the 1st
of February at Sheffield Trades and labour club duke street. The aim of
this group will be to create strong community champions, that can fight
and campaign collectively for vital community services,
marginalised individuals and communities that are currently under attack.
  Unite Community Membership (CM)  is 50p a week and has some great
benefits. such as legal help, benefits advice, and a hardship fund, plus
more visit  http://www.unitetheunion.org/community for more information.

 but equally as important is Community Membership is offering millions
of voiceless people the chance to get organised and fight on issues that
really affect them. The opportunity to make a difference in YOUR community
and contribute to building a better more inclusive Sheffield.

This meeting will be held in the spirit of equality everyone will be
encouraged to talk about why they are here, what they expect from the union
and are free to express any experiences they wish to share.

hope to see you there any problems please contact me at the address below
also feel free to forward this email and join group and event.
Facebook group http://www.facebook.com/events/228460020567947/?ref=ts
Facebook event  http://www.facebook.com/groups/305443082835943/
email gareth50lane at googlemail.com

7.30pm-9.00pm
1st of February
Sheffield Trades club
Duke street

Buses 120 or 123 from interchange
venue has disabled access and free car parking

Solidarity Gareth Lane