[OccupySheffield] The Revolution is Love

barriers2bridges at virginmedia.com barriers2bridges at virginmedia.com
Wed Jan 4 01:20:07 GMT 2012

THANK YOU!

This is, BEAUTIFUL!

From: Anna Harris [mailto:anna at shsh.co.uk]
Sent: 03 January 2012 08:52
To: squares at lists.takethesquare.net; occupysheffield at email-lists.org
Subject: [OccupySheffield] The Revolution is Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRtc-k6dhgs
This beautiful trailer for a new video called The Revolution is Love was
posted on Occupy Cafe.org with this contribution by Susan Livingstone:
Some of the Transition Towns are experimenting with community-based economic
systems and finding that they have the potential to render the entire notion
of exchange obsolete.  Mostly this happens because people are sharing their
gifts with their communities rather than "working for the man every night
and day."  It's not about this economic model or that economic model - it's
more about decentralizing our economy by acknowledging, supporting, making
visible, or replicating local initiatives that are already in place (like
clumps of imaginal butterfly cells scattered throughout the muck of what
used to be the caterpillar) such as farmers markets, flea markets, community
gardens, alternative currencies, buyers cooperatives, and "maker" and
service collectives of all sorts.  The acceptance of a unified economy was
sold to the sheeple based on the convenience of a single currency for "all
debts public and private" and the efficiency of debt-driven competition and
growth.  If we want to reclaim our birthright of community-level
interdependence and trust, let's throw off the shackles of our wage slavery
and enjoy the GIFT of life instead of "earning a living" and devaluing the
gift into a right or entitlement.  That's the world I want to live in!