[OccupySheffield] Tonight's Meeting

marknbarrett at googlemail.com marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 3 15:35:24 GMT 2012

As the London meeting tonight is about how the different WGs can operate together,  I want to suggest the following gets fed in:                        On the urgent need to inspire an unmediated (ie direct democratic, non-mainstream media based) national conversation about democracy, social and economic justice in the run up to May.                                                        Specific aim: to engage the 99 thru our leverage, unique democratic processes and by going out to all sectors of civil society locally yes but at same time on a unified national Occupy basis. My proposal is therefore that sectoral WGs ( eg trade unions, church/faith, student/education, unemployed and precarious, co-operatives, relevant others etc) mobilise here in London and nationwide under one strategic plan, discussed and agreed between now and end of Sheffield national Occupy meeting later in Jan.                                                    Battle plan effectively to encourage conversation and mobilisation thru assemblies ( ie open, inclusive public meetings ) everywhere imaginable.                          If relevant WGs are amenable to this idea or something similar it could be considered at GAs soon ( this weekend?) with all the relevant WGs in attendance together, fleshed out and then taken to the Sheffield gathering as a concrete proposal (battle plan..)       If you agree with this idea Steve, Chris and anyone else attending pls could you put it forward ( no need to mention my name unless you wish to)                       Cheers, Mark

Sent from phone