[OccupySheffield] Sending good vibes to all (I hope)

Sarah Wild flyingtroutx at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 8 15:47:53 GMT 2012

Whoa! Please please can we try to curb all this negative communication. I sincerely believe that many of the fallouts of the past few weeks have come down to miscommunications. Please, can we (sorry to be cheesy) aim to be the change we want to see?I have been reflecting on what Occupy means to me recently. I want to be part of an active and dynamic move forwards (or to the side even!), to create an alternative to the messed up world we live in. oc·cu·pa·tion   [ok-yuh-pey-shuhn]  Show IPAnoun1.a person's usual or principal work or business, especially asa means of earning a living; vocation: Her occupation wasdentistry.2.any activity in which a person is engaged.3.possession, settlement, or use of land or property.4.the act of occupying.5.the state of being occupied.How many people work alongside colleagues who you don't get along with for the sake of your occupation? How many decisions do you not agree with and have to find a way to get over? I work for a community organisation and often have to take a deep breath, to stop myself exploding at some of actions of others. But a good meeting process and mediation can get over this. I think, with the development of a process working group, and people coming together a bit more, that we can get over any personal/communication/people issues that we might have. I'm really rambling now, but please, let's all try to come together for the sake of the positives. Maybe a meeting focus could be 'why are we here? Maybe we could try to get back some of that amazing energy that there was so much of in the early (probably rose tinted) days.
Sorry if any of this sounds patronising, I just don't want us to lose what we have spent so long working together for.
Loads of good vibes
Sarah
(Bill and Ted): BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER!