[OccupySheffield] Barclays AGM - Friday 27th April - Tell Bob Diamond what you think of them?

Danielle Paffard danielle at moveyourmoney.org.uk
Wed Apr 25 16:30:46 GMT 2012

Dear Occupy,

I hope you're well. I'm one of the people involved in the new 'Move Your
Money <http://www.moveyourmoney.org.uk/>' campaign in the UK.

 It's Barclays AGM this Friday, so a good time to get the message about
alternatives across while the banks are in the public eye again.

On the day of the AGM itself we're encouraging people to write their
messages to Barclays ('why I hate your bank', or 'why I moved my
money/don't bank with you') and either tweet it #DearBob, or write it on a
post-it not and stick it somewhere cheeky. More info and video here:
http://www.moveyourmoney.org.uk/blog/dear-bob

On Saturday (12-1pm in London<http://www.facebook.com/events/364891040223862/>)
we're going to collect up everyone's thoughts (and those of passers by!)
and cover the front of a Barclays branch in post-it notes with messages on
(video gives the idea).

It would be great to amplify the message to the banks/country.

If you were up for doing a few post-its or tweeting in your thoughts on
Friday that would be wikid. If you wanted to arrange a 'mass stickering'
like the London one that would be even better! Just need some post-it notes
and pens - we can share the document of collated answers to add to your
own/that of passers by.

Let me know what you think, and happy to chat through!

Best,
Danielle

--
Danielle Paffard | Move Your Money <http://www.moveyourmoney.org.uk/> |
07979817888 | danielle at moveyourmoney.org.uk

The banking sector is broken, and it's not going to fix itself. We can
all take a practical step towards building a better one.

*PLEDGE* to move your money now* *at www.moveyourmoney.org.uk: bank on
something better.

Follow us on Twitter <https://twitter.com/#%21/moveyourmoneyuk>, 'like' us
on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/MoveYourMoneyUK>, and please spread