[OccupySheffield] results of todays action

Andy Cropper (personal email) artbyandyc at aol.com
Wed Apr 18 23:19:25 GMT 2012

terrible terrible terrible weather .. but still did it all the same... Had folk stopping, taking photos and talking.... so just goes to show you don't need a gang to protest, every single one of us has the strength to go it alone

After the protest had finished I gave an open letter addressed to Julie Dore to the staff with the words of all 3 posters at A4 size and a print off of the 20 page findings of the tribunal... am thinking of doing it again next week

you can see a pic of me in action attached to the email

the words

first panel :
 On the 5th of April 2012 , Case No.s EA/2011/0286 & 287

 In front of Judge John Angel a court tribunal unanimously decided that the NHS Bill was contrary to the Tory manifesto. This was in response to Labour MP & former Shadow Health Secretary John Healey request to publish the NHS Risk Register and the govenrments refusal to do so and John Healey taking the government to court .

 The court unanimously decided that the NHS Bill was contrary to the Tory manifesto, unexpected, rushed, far reaching, pre-judged and without proper consultation. In effect, the judgement implies that the Tories cynically hid their plans to carve up the NHS prior to the 2010 election. You and I know that of course, but to read it in black & white from a court judgement is truly unprecedented .

 The judgement is a devastating indictment of the Tory handling of our democratic process. The judges unanimously ruled the Tory government should release the full contents of the NHS Risk Register .

 The government is not working on the nations behalf in dismantling the NHS, , it has no mandate to do this and even though the bill has been accepted by the House of Lords it needs to be stopped NOW !

 There has been no mention of this judgement on terrestrial TV .

second panel:
The exact wording of paragraph 85 is shown below:

 “From the evidence it is clear that the NHS reforms were introduced in an exceptional way. There was no indication prior to the White Paper that such wide-ranging reforms were being considered. The White Paper was published without prior consultation. It was published within a very short period after the Coalition Government came into power. It was unexpected. Consultation took place afterwards over what appears to us a very short period considering the extent of the proposed reforms. The consultation hardly changed policy but dealt largely with implementation. Even more significantly the Government decided to press ahead with some of the policies even before laying a Bill before Parliament. The whole process had to be paused because of the general alarm at what was happening”

 http://eoin-clarke.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/wow-court-rules-that-tory-nhs-bill-was.html

third panel:
Will Sheffield council stand up and be the first council in the UK to publicly, loudly and legally hold our government to account?
 Or are they going to remain silent?

The story from the 5th of April that got me started
http://eoin-clarke.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/wow-court-rules-that-tory-nhs-bill-was.html

and a blog from someone that saw me today with some piccies
http://postcardcafe.wordpress.com/2012/04/18/will-sheffield-city-council-prevent-the-government-from-dismantling-the-nhs/

thank you to everyone that came and gave support
Axxxxx