[OccupySheffield] Austerity Suicides: Debt the Ripper stalks Europe

David Kirkham sheffield.uncut at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Apr 5 13:12:33 GMT 2012

Struggling with money has proven to be an unbearable burden for a Greek pensioner - who has shot himself dead in a square in central Athens. It's just one of a string of suicides across the EU, caused by financial desperation and the continuing, harsh austerity measures. RT's Tesa Arcilla reports from Brussels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffQq0W-mpYg
 "These are the cuts coming into the effect...We've talked about this for 6 months, what's going to happen, now people are feeling it, in the letters they're getting from the DWP and HMRC, feeling it in their bank accounts and they're thinking 'where do I turn to for help'.

Well, the help has just been cut"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17622504#TWEET121822

Benefits Calculator

You, like many people, may be missing out on financial help that you are entitled to through welfare benefits. This easy-to-use calculator may be of help to you if you are unemployed and looking for work, on a low income, retired, bringing up children, ill, have a disability or care for someone.

Use our simple Benefits Checker to work out how much you could claim

http://www.turn2us.org.uk/benefits_search.aspx

Those of you getting over £150,000 and actually paying the top rate of tax, rather than doing everything you can to avoid it; you're due a tax cut next year.

David

      UK Uncut is a grassroots movement taking action to highlight alternatives to the government's spending cuts      To keep up to date, follow us on Facebook      and Twitter      You can also sign up to receive emails when someone lists an action near you