[OccupySheffield] Who are winners and losers in tax shake-up?

David Kirkham davidkirkham at live.co.uk
Thu Apr 5 11:44:31 GMT 2012

"These are the cuts coming into the effect...We've talked about this for 6 months, what's going to happen, now people are feeling it, in the letters they're getting from the DWP and HMRC, feeling it in their bank accounts and they're thinking 'where do I turn to for help'.  Well, the help has just been cut" http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17622504#TWEET121822

Benefits Calculator You, like many people, may be missing out on financial help that you are entitled to through welfare benefits. This easy-to-use calculator may be of help to you if you are unemployed and looking for work, on a low income, retired, bringing up children, ill, have a disability or care for someone. Use our simple Benefits Checker to work out how much you could claim http://www.turn2us.org.uk/benefits_search.aspx Oh, by the way those of you getting over £150,000 and actually paying the top rate of tax, rather than doing everything you can to avoid it; you're due a tax cut next year.  David