[OccupySheffield] A new resource for everyone

Ozzy Dincarslan mygentlespirit at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 18 22:15:07 GMT 2011

Hi everyone,
Just to make you aware that we now have a resource page set up by the Occupy Scotland Armchair Army which literally went live only today. In the next few weeks, we will be populating it with massive amounts of news archives, video links, resource links etc... Work has already begun. I would be grateful if you could let people know of this resource and encourage them to use and join in. Whilst it is called "Occupy Scotland...", there are/will be lots of things on there relevant to everyone such as a list of alternative news sites, videos and info on various topics, environmental issues, raising consciousness as well as a place for general banter. We have all gathered huge amounts of research and information on topics (independent of each other sometimes) and the idea is to build a digital library which anyone can use with aim to educate and wake up as many people as possible. There has been so many things posted in loads of different sites, we are trying to bring it all together in one place. We hope that it will be useful. Here's the link:

A few side groups emerged from the general gathering of Armchair Army, one of which is the Sustainability Group who are making steps towards collaboration with each other to both inform and to make more 3D meetings happen in increasing numbers to get actual communities going (e.g., grow own food together, learn/teach about alternative energy etc). Another side group is emerging and that is to do with time/skill share which is already being done all over the place.