[OccupyComms] What is Freedom? Presentation

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 27 14:00:14 GMT 2015

"This de-politicization I will term political euthanasia. Political
euthanasia is not insignificant. Where there are no values worth
living or dying for, there are no longer any friends or enemies.
Instead, there is only technology, economics and a nebulous version of
culture. In other words, there is the Liberal world-view made solid.
Everything is relativized with respect to the absolute centre of
individuals.

In passing, it is interesting to note that political euthanasia often
brings with it an augmenting of the State's power.."

Here is the summary, and link to the full text of the main
presentation given at the inaugural What is Freedom? meeting, launched
last Sunday at our local Mosque. Well worth a read!
http://carlschmittblog.com/2015/03/26/love-defiance-and-community/?fb_action_ids=726555794127818&fb_action_types=news.publishes&fb_ref=pub-standard

We plan to continue the conversation with a follow up on what it means
to be a (free) human being very soon. More to follow insha'Allaah

Cheers

Mark