[OccupyComms] Cambridge / Norwich Occupiers ?

rachel mariner rachelmariner at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 10:33:06 GMT 2013

Hi all - we do have a few people and a Facebook group :

https://www.facebook.com/groups/camocc/

I would LOVE to get together, meet up and plan  . . .

I don't think the Norwich Occupy group is active anymore but Chris Keene is
a great activist who went with me to Durham to meet with the Dean there
about Winter Carnival. He is a peach and he is cc'd as well.

What I don't have handy is a connection to student activists. they may all
have become economics or law majors and are gunning for the 1%

The poem is actually the epilogue of Les Mis  - the song Do You Hear The
People Sing - but the lyrics at the end are different:

Do you hear the people sing?
Lost in the valley of the night
It is the music of a people who are climbing to the light
For the wretched of the earth
There is a flame that never dies
Even the darkest nights will end and the sun will rise

I love the white flag idea because it captures the climbing toward the
light. I also like the slight dissonance of a white flag - associated with
surrender - marched forward. Because the only way to bring peace is to
bring peace. Is to not fight. So I loved it. But I was scared to write to
everyone about it, Mark, when you suggested because I am not a proper
activist, etc.  There it is now.

With love and thanks for all of you!

Rachel