[OccupyComms] Brighton update.

Occupy Brighton info info at occupybrighton.co.uk
Tue Dec 6 00:19:53 GMT 2011

Thought I would write a short note about the situation in Brighton.

The 'street people' now regularly outnumber the people focused on the cause most of the time in our camp. It became quite critical last week and a lot of the people originally involved have become burnt out, left because of the bad vibes in the camp or because they no longer feel safe there.

We have set up a splinter group which is looking for indoor locations around town to stage discussions and informative talks. We also think as the temperature drops it will be harder to get people into a cold camp for a hour or more.

The camp continues and for the moment is holding together. There was a sympathetic piece on BBC south inside out show tonight which should be on the iplayer later.

How you are all well and I hope to get stuck into the debates more soon.

Jon from Brighton.
--
Jon

--