[OccupyComms] Proposal for UK wide online meeting 9pm every Weds

occupybristol at riseup.net occupybristol at riseup.net
Sun Dec 4 13:58:30 GMT 2011

Hi All

I write as an individual I do not represent the camp.

I think it would be good if we started having a regular voice/text chat
every week to share our experiences. I propose having a online meeting on
Mumble at 9pm - 10pm every Weds. Anything said after 10pm will not be part
of the formal meeting (although obviously people can chat for as long as
they like.)

I don't conceive of this as a decision making forum, but as just as a way
of communicating about the issues, and the common challenges that we face.

I suggest that the 9-10pm meeting is mainly for people who are doing
actual work, at a physical occupy site. Supporters are welcome to listen,
but suggest it would be good if it is mainly occupiers who speak.

Proposed Agenda - please email your suggestions.

- 2 minute introduction from each occupy site
- Best practice on dealing with alcohol and drugs on site
- Effective methods for community outreach
- ?

To get involved in the meeting you need to download the mumble software
(links below) and then log into the server which is:

cryptious.net

The set up is very easy. Please select 'push to talk' and select the
button to press for when you want to be heard.

There will be a 'occupy meeting' room set up. Those with
pseudonym_Location username will be invited in. Mine for example will be
Luther_Bristol. The meeting will be open and public.

To download the software go to the relevant link below:

Windows:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mumble/files/Mumble/1.2.3/mumble-1.2.3.msi/download

Android:
https://github.com/pcgod/mumble-android/mumbleclient-201011241245.apk/qr_code