[meersbrook-house] Feedback of Views from Public Meeting re Meersbrook Hall and Pavilion of 30 Sept 2014

kate souper katesouper at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 18:21:57 GMT 2014

Hopefully many of you will have been at the above meeting and will have
witnessed first hand the interest and excitement generated amongst local
residents.

We had over 150 people attend, with the majority saying they were
interested in getting involved in the future. The feedback we received
included:

“Excellent. First time I’ve engaged with any local community issues”

“Brilliant, inspiring meeting! Thank you.”
“Well run event. Well done everyone.”

Here is a summary of the suggestions local residents made (I'm afraid that
I've never made pdf's before so the information is 3 seperate documents).

For those of you who weren't at the meeting, we asked people the following
four questions:

- I would love to see the Hall used as/for ...
- This would be great for our community because ...
- I would not like to see ...
- I would be worried that ...

whilst also thinking about the following scenarios:

- Hall sold to private developer
- SCC retain ownership of Hall
- Community group own the Hall

There were 7 groups looking at these indiviual scenarios and from which
I've collated the numbers in the two tables. I've presented the information
in a few different ways and hope that you get a real sense of people's
priorities and ideas.

Kind regards

Kate