[meersbrook-house] press release

Liz lizziemartinez2 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 19 12:58:46 GMT 2014

TITLE - Do you care about what happens to Meersbrook Hall and Pavilion?

'Friends of Meersbrook Hall and the Pavilion' was set up following a public meeting in June this year.  There was growing concern about what will happen to the Hall when the  Parks and Countryside Department move out.  There is further concern that the Pavilion won't continue to be maintained due to cuts in council budget.

60 local people attended the inital meeting including 2 local councillors.  It was expressed by many that the daily childrens activities happening in the Pavilion are essential to the community and Meersbrook Hall which was left in trust by the Ruskin Society to the people of Sheffield should ideally be kept as a community building and not sold off to a private owner.

The group at present consists of members from many of the local stake holders such as Friends of Bishops House, Meerbrook Park Users Trust, Heeley Development Trust, Meersbrook Park After School Club,  Playcentre, Governers from both the local primary schools, local enterprise and local residents.   Our meetings are open to the public.  The next steering meeting ison the 2nd of September at 7.30pm in Meersbrook Park Pavilion.  We are planning a Public Meeting in September to raise awareness and collect the communities ideas so that we can present a strong case on behalf of our community in preparation to the SCC public consultation.     We aim for participation from as wide a cross section of our community as possible so please let us know your thoughts and if you can come to our meetings.  Please  contact us either via the email or our forum.

Sent from my iPhone