[meersbrook-house] Next steering group meeting 6th August

Liz Nicholas liz.nicholas at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Aug 6 15:28:59 GMT 2014

Hello all - I'm in a campsite in Wales so can't join the meeting tonight.
Our visit to The Point was very interesting but they started with an organisation with a vision,  looking for a home. The fact that Doncaster community arts was already doing good work meant they could access funding, for a feasibility study about building conversion initially.  We must use the good work and reputation of MPUT, the Playgroup and the AfterSchool Club as a platform to build on.
We need to flesh out the positive potential community uses of the Hall as much as possible so that it looks like a real revenue stream can be generated to maintain the building. And we should not be duplicating facilities on offer at Sum Studios.
A couple of suggestions would be
1. proper sound proof rehearsal space for all the bands in Meersbrook.
2. Library - Woodseats library building appears very dilapidated.  Hillsborough library is housed in a Victorian house in the park.
3. Space to play - for kids or grown ups.  Libraries of equipment, toys and games. In another area, Musical instruments to have a go on.
4. A community gallery for local amateur and professional artists.
Some people may hate these ideas, but I want to get us thinking beyond the Fighting the Council stage so that we have a vision a lot of people can get behind.
See you soon
Liz Nicholas
Sent from my iPhone