[freearchitecture] Blender-Developments

Lars Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Tue May 2 07:49:34 BST 2006

> ><sigh> I wish there was a way to combine PythonCAD and Blender. Both
> >use Python, and both have elements that architects need.

I think that is the point, the big advantage in oss is that it is easier to
agree on interoperability (many propietary cad projects are weak in that
because they want to avoid concurrent installations). If we could get some
kind of frame that projects could agree to fit into, the typical problem
that in commercial cad, as soon as you leave one app you lose informations,
would not have to be true for free software. It could even be a standard to
allow apps to act as plug-ins for others...?

CU Lars.