[freearchitecture] Re: A couple more Free CAD programs

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Mon Mar 17 16:28:25 GMT 2003

On Mon 17-Mar-2003 at 07:54:08AM -0500, Steve Hall wrote:

> PythonCAD
>
>     http://www.pythoncad.com
>
> Nothing as clever as a versionable file format, but at least the scripting
> language is already taken care of.

Python is very appealing for CAD; a scripting language is ideal
since most CAD users are technically minded enough to be able to
hack it a little and contribute.  The source is in Subversion so I
might do a checkout and have a look.

> OpenCASCADE
>
>     http://www.opencascade.org/
>
> but I can't seem to figure out if it's really Free or not. The report is
> that it is the engine behind Catia.

I can't figure out the license either.  It's a solid modelling
library (like ACIS in AutoCAD), there's yet another interesting Free
CAD package based on it:

    http://www.exotk.org/

--
Bruno