[freearchitecture] Re: A couple more Free CAD programs

Steve Hall digitect at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 17 07:54:08 GMT 2003

Bruno Postle wrote:
> I found a couple more Free programs for your "CAD on Linux" page,
> though I haven't tried them out yet:
>
> EngyCAD
>
>     http://engy.sourceforge.net/
>
> LignumCAD
>
>     http://lignumcad.sourceforge.net/

Hey, thanks. I actually found another myself:

PythonCAD

     http://www.pythoncad.com

Nothing as clever as a versionable file format, but at least the scripting
language is already taken care of. One of these days, I'm going to buy a new
hard drive and install GNOME 2 so I can start helping with this effort.

Also, someone pointed me to:

OpenCASCADE

     http://www.opencascade.org/

but I can't seem to figure out if it's really Free or not. The report is
that it is the engine behind Catia.

--
Steve Hall  [ digitect at mindspring.com ]