[freearchitecture] CVS, versioning and workflow

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Wed Feb 12 12:07:44 GMT 2003

Hi Steve

On Wed 12-Feb-2003 at 12:01:37 -0500, Steve Hall wrote:

> 3. Moderated posting system. (http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/)
>    * Files are versioned via copies, all users can contribute new
>      versions.
>    * Old versions remain, but can be cleaned off by submitter.
>    * Files are graded based on user moderation. (One must have a login
>      to moderate.)
>    * Thinning out or cancellation of redundancies might occur
>      automatically based on moderated grades or by an editor.
>
>    Benefits:  Little restrictions to add, most versions available.
>               Occasional re-organizations and editing doesn't curb
>               community interest and ownership.
>
>    Drawbacks: Large quantities of information require assisting
>               organization. Potential for low overall quality of the
>               collection, but might be offset by community interest.

That sounds good to me :-)

My only concern would be around the issue of finding the time and energy
to dedicate to the project to make it a sucess, but I guess if we find
enough people interested in this then we should be able to make it
happen.

Perhaps we should register archiforge.org|net|com and start doing some
planning.

Chris

--
http://chris.croome.net/