[esocialaction] FW: RESEARCH CALL ANNOUNCED: Designing for the 21stCentury

Dearden, Andrew M A.M.Dearden at shu.ac.uk
Fri Feb 17 12:24:45 GMT 2006

HI All

A few of us (Wendy, Steve, Myself & Leonie) are meeting on Wednesday (22nd) in Sheffield to plan a bid for some of this money.

We are planning to meet form 12.00 - 18.00 so we can really thrash out the shape of a collaborative bid and agree some of the
resource issues involved.

Our thinking is to aim high - for an integrated project in the £400k range - around the following four ideas:

1) Understanding the new roles / the architects of new sociotechnical relations
2) Network Learning and organisations in social action
3) NArrative and participatory  design methods in social action settings
4) Evaluation and learning from ICT related initiatives

As well as putting in a single (many eggs one basket) bid, we may also be thinking aobut some small backup bids by subsets of the
group.

If anyone would like to join us at this meeting (and in this bid) please let me know ASAP

I'm afraid T & SA doesn't have any budget to pay your travel expenses - this will have to come from your own resources. I shall
see whether I can get my boss to buy us some sandwiches!

Andy

Andy Dearden
Reader in e-SocialAction
Communication and Computing Research Centre
Sheffield Hallam University
Harmer Building
Sheffield
S1 1WB