[esocialaction] RSS

David Wilcox david at partnerships.org.uk
Wed Sep 21 12:23:42 BST 2005

Steve

That's a really interesting idea, as usual:-)

I think there are two ends to this ... what sort of RSS feed you
produce, and how users read. And how you make sure it can carry
audio, images, video within the feeds.

At the user end, you might want a feed that can be handled various ways:
* read through an online reader e.g. http://www.bloglines.com
* read through a desktop app. (Useful article on choosing
http://searchenginewatch.com/searchday/article.php/3531486 )
* display on a web page within an existing site

You could also build in email alerts from the blog....

I would be glad to join in helping develop and test. My more-tech son
Dan is doing some smart stuff with Flash-based newsreaders that might
be of interest.

By the way, I've developed a links blog on social tech stuff here
http://partnerships.typepad.com/engaging/

and you can see anything I've bookmarked here
http://del.icio.us

Regards
David